1. All Federal, state, and local firearm laws must be obeyed.
2. Big Run Shooting Club Range may be used by individual and family members during daylight hours only
· The range is closed at night except for scheduled night matches.
· On days with scheduled matches the range is only open for match participants, guests and volunteers.
3. Big Run Shooting Club Range is a COLD RANGE. All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded and holstered, or unloaded with their action open and the magazine removed, or unloaded and encased. Firearms can only be loaded when on the firing line, at the direction of a Range Officer.
4. All shooters and spectators, guests and volunteers must complete and sign the BIG RUN SHOOTING CLUB RANGE RELEASE, WAIVER, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFICATION AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT when at the Big Run Shooting Club Range for each calendar year.
5. Owners of Class III firearms must be in possession of any special permits or paperwork required by law.
6. Possession and use of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs is prohibited on the range
· Anyone who appears to be under the influence of any drug that could impair safety may be asked to leave the range by any Range Officer.
· Smoking is prohibited if muzzle loading firearms are being loaded and used)
7. No armor-piercing, steel jacketed, steel or tungsten core ammunition may be fired on the Big Run Shooting Club Range at any steel targets.
8. All calibers of pistols may be fired.
9. Center fire rifles up to and including .50 BMG caliber may be fired at paper targets.
10. Shotgun slugs shall not be fired at pistol steel targets. Slugs, buckshot or bird shot may be fired as authorized by the Range Officer for a specific course.
11. No firearm may:
· Be handled such that the muzzle is pointed at any person at any time
· Be fired at a horizontal angle that breaks the 90 degree perpendicular from the firing line
· Be fired at a vertical angle that could clear the range backstop
12. Tracer ammunition is prohibited unless authorized by Range Officer, and only if a fire watch, (with at least two 10 lb Class A, B, C fire extinguishers) is present for 30 minutes after the last tracer round is fired.
13. Commands issued by Range Officers and Range Personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.
14. Anyone can issue a “Cease Fire” command if an unsafe condition is observed, including but not limited to, a medical condition or injury to anyone on the range, mechanical failure of a firearm, hangfire or squib loads.
15. When the command "Cease Fire" is given:
16. No one other than Big Run Range Shooting Club Range personnel may go forward of the firing line unless authorized or instructed to do so by the Range Officer with the command “Range is Safe”.
17. When the line is declared "Range is Safe":
· All firearms must be holstered; or unloaded and benched or grounded, with the muzzle pointed down range, with the action open, ejection port or cylinder up, and magazine removed.
18. Only Big Run Range Shooting Club approved paper, steel, and wooden targets may be used. Ask Range Officers for approval at one of the range’s scheduled events
19. Glass targets are prohibited.
20. Pyrotechnic or explosive targets are prohibited unless authorized in writing by a Range Officer, and only if a fire watch, (with at least two 10 lb Class A, B, C fire extinguishers) is present for 30 minutes after the last pyrotechnic or explosive target is used.
21. All firing on Big Run Shooting Club Range must be aimed fire.
22. All movement between firing positions on the firing line at Big Run Shooting Club Range must be done with fingers off the trigger of the firearm unless otherwise directed by the Range Officer if shooting while moving is part of the match rules.
23. If you are going to draw from a holster and fire (unless authorized to do otherwise by the Range Officer), you MUST:
24. Only belt or thigh holsters, placed on the same hip or leg as the shooting hand, may be used on the Big Run Shooting Club Range. Shoulder holsters and cross-draw holsters may not be used unless authorized by the Range Officer during designated training courses.
25. You may collect your own brass that is on or behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected unless authorized by the Range Officer.
26. Competitions held on the Big Run Shooting Club Range will be conducted in accordance with official Big Run Shooting Club rules for that match, or by the rules of the sanctioning body of the match.
27. Big Run Shooting Club Range Officers reserve the right to give safety instructions and commands, and may inspect any firearms or ammunition for safety considerations.
28. All members shall be issued a membership card with anniversary date of membership. All members shall be required produce their membership card to any other member as proof of membership if requested.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A REPRIMAND OR YOUR REMOVAL FROM BIG RUN SHOOTING CLUB RANGE.
Copyright © 2023 Big Run Shooting Club - All Rights Reserved.